Monday, July 5, 2010

Try, Try and Try Again

This is the true and real love story of God and Cat.

I first remember wanting to find out who this God person was when I was in high school. I mean, sure my mom took me to Sunday school now and then when I was little, but then she stopped. We hadn't gone to church that much when I was just a kid, however the presence and knowledge of God was known in my house. But I really didn't know him. I then met this kid in the 6th grade. He was from the bay area and definitely not like anyone I had met before. He is still this way actually, but I rather like him that way.

I don't remember how or when it happened exactly, but this kid introduced me to Christ. His whole family were believer's and not only did they believe they also went to church every Sunday and even actively participated in worship! Whoa! I thought this family was from Mars. I was hooked though. I wanted to know what they knew, so over the years I purchased this thing called a teen bible and was studying, going to Christian concerts, just immersed myself into the whole Christian lifestyle. Then in college I decided to give my life to the Lord and was baptized. What is sad is that I can't even remember when. This is supposed to be a life changing moment for other Christians in their walk with the Lord, and it was somewhat for me.

That kinda sets the theme for this love story between God and Cat. I am in awe of Him, I run to Him with arms wide open and love Him and then when I am bored or some earthly thing distracts me, I toss Him aside and "pick him up later". I have done that for several years now. Always having a lukewarm relationship with Christ. Only coming back to Him when I am truly in need and there is no one else that I can turn to. I am a very weak individual, not as organized as some, or as bright, but the thing that I know to be true is that God STILL loves me. He STILL wants me. I have treated Him so badly and haven't made Him a priority in a very long time and yet, He still welcomes me back into his arms. What AMAZING love!!

NO ONE besides my parents have ever loved me like that, and I have even worn out my parents at times, probably still do. Christ never tires of me. His love for me rips me at my heart. I am so grateful! I am so undeserving, but so grateful for God's grace and mercy.

I wanted to start this blog to document my continuing love story with my God. The ups and the downs, the good and the bad. Will I be brave enough to post even the bad? Oh, heck yes. I know I am not alone in my bad choices, after all we are all human an ALL fall short of His glory. I can encourage you though and myself to constantly remind myself and others to think of myself how God thinks of me and to NEVER give up the way God has NEVER given up. I Love you SO much papa God. Thank You Jesus for loving me so!
Your Loving Daughter in Christ,
Cat xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Who could that weirdo from 6th grade be? Heh heh. Thanks for sharing this with me. I am honored to have been instrumental in ur walk with Jesus. I am equally honored to walk with u as a sinner saved by His unending grace.

    ReplyDelete